Saturday 21 September 2013

My makeup storage.

For my 21st birthday this year I received some beautiful vintage drawers, I has spent ages trawling the internet trying to find makeup storage that wasn't just acrylic drawers, but also wasn't really big as my collection is just starting out. One afternoon in town I visited two vintage stores, one of them didn't have what I was after but when I walked into Relevant by Lady Lace in Exeter I saw these beautiful drawers, just the right size. Perfect! That afternoon when my mum got home from work I told her about them, we went back into town and I received them as an early birthday present. 


I moved back to university this week to do my final year, therefore I had an opportunity to sort them out once again. So I thought I'd show you how I have organised them and what they look like. 

The bottom drawer contains all my lip products, they are organised by brand rather than colour. Mainly because most of my lipsticks are shades of pink. It is easy enough for me to work out the colour I want to wear and then find it, I also only really wear my Mac and Topshop lipsticks and the Bourjois Color Boost sticks. 


The next drawer is high street/drug store mascaras, eyeliners and eyeshadows. Putting these together is just easier for me as these are the products I use the least, although I love many of the products I tend to start using something new and fall in love and only use that. And I am loving Lancome Hynose mascara at the moment and Bobbi Brown gel liner, so I forget about my fave high street ones. 


The middle draw is blushes and concealers, not a usual combination but they fit together well in this drawer. No actual system there. 


Second drawer from the top is eyeshadows and and eye primer. And just so you know Nars eye primer is by far my favourite, if you want a long lasting primer that isn't too moist and keeps your eyeshadow on all day then I highly recommend you purchase this. 


Out of the top two drawer the first one contains bits and bobs, other concealers, liquid blush, primers ect. And the other drawer is a Topshop highlighter and blush and then my sleek face contour palette. 


On the top I have all my brushes, two Urban Decay Naked palettes and my foundations and primer. I love these drawers because I can keep everything all neat and tidy, they fit the products so perfectly, and they just look so beautiful. I lined the drawers with some wrapping paper from Paperchase. I am so glad i found something that can be individual to me and that I love storing my make up in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment