Saturday 19 October 2013

One year of the NAKED Palette

I'm going to start with a quote from a blog I follow on tumblr
"It's a modern makeup classic and must have, simple as that" - Powderdoom 


And to be perfectly honest I couldn't have put it better myself, the Urban Decay NAKED Palette is by far one of the best makeup products I have ever bought. I am always singing its praises and recommending it to people. Not only does it cover a range of eyeshadow colours for both day and night but it is blendable and workable. I would say this is the perfect starter for anyone who is looking to start out with some high end eyeshadows, you get 12 colours for a reasonable price, a mixture of mattes and shimer. Yes this is expensive compared to high street/drugstore eyeshadows but it is so worth it. 

My pallette is so used, but still have so much use left of the colours. My two most used colours are 'VIRGIN' and 'NAKED', VIRGIN because it is a great base colour so I use it when I am using other palettes too and NAKED because it is the perfect brown for my eyebrows, and if I am after a slightly dark brow I can blend BUCK in. Again this just shows how versatile it can be.


With the range of colours it is so simple to create an easy day look by combining different shadows, and then adding one extra colour to turn it into an evening look. 

1. Use VIRGIN as a base, then blend SIN over the top and apply TOASTED in the crease. And then for the evening add HUSTLE into the crease and along the bottom lashes. 

2. Use VIRGIN as a base, then apply NAKED all over the lid, use BUCK on the outer corner blending through to the middle, then apply SIDECAR to the crease. 

3. Use VIRGIN as a base, apply HALF BAKED all over the lid blending SMOG from the outer corner to the middle. The apply DARK HORSE to the lash line and then along the bottom lashes for an evening look. 

4. Use bothVIRGIN and SIN as a base, then apply TOASTED all over the lid blending HUSTLE into the crease and outer corner, then use crease as a liner along both top and bottom lashes. 

5. Create a smokey eye for an evening look using VIRGIN as a base, using more in the inner corner, then blend GUNMETAL in leaving the inner corner, then use CREEP to highlight the crease and lash line. 

I love the NAKED palette and recently bought the NAKED BASICS, I haven't felt the need for NAKED2, and have heard it said that the first is slightly better and after a year I am so happy with the results and longevity. For me it is always important that if I am going to spend money on a product that it last a reasonable length of time. The NAKED palette has done just that for me. 


The BASICS palette is also fabulous, I find that it is perfect for a nude eye. Again it comes with two colours that are great for eyebrows and the super blendable shadows, and a matte black which the NAKED palette doesn't have. I love this for travel as it is small and compact meaning I can carry around great eyeshadows and have a simple eyebrow kit. Two products in one. 

After a year I am so happy with this product, the quote at the beginning sum it up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment